....let them know you've tagged them
1. How long have you been blogging and in this time, has your blogging focus changed?
I believe about two years now. I hope the focus hasn't changed, although I'm not yet where I want to be. I guess at the end of the day, I hope to keep up a current view of the store, what we are amused by, and what we are loving. The second part that I would like to delve into is promoting 'like' buisnessness and all things related to this crazy junk world--creating more of a community with us locally as well as those who are far. We really feel as though we are stronger as a group than individually.
2. What was the name of your first best friend... are you still friends?
Her name was Denise. About a year ago, Denise found my brother on facebook and we were back in touch! She now lives in pennsylvania so I don't think I will see her, although we will probably be in touch from time to time.
3. What is the best meal you have ever had?
For me, it has to do more with the company and the setting. I have had an amazing meal right out of our airstream, in Big Sur, in a park in Paris, and lovely meals at Kathy's and Heidy's.
4. Do you have a pet? Share a picture!
Yes, we have Charley. A few years back on a road trip, we brought some books on tape and we all so enjoyed Steinbecks 'Travels with Charley'. When we found our Charley (girl), we knew that this was our Charley. And yes, we will travel with her.
5. Did you want to change your name when you were a child? If you did...to what?
I don't recall ever wanting to change it...I did however feel like my life was a movie, as I walked home from school I thought there should be cameras following me. They weren't, but I pretended I was being filmed. Does that count?
6. With regard to your creative passion...who do you admire?
I really don't have enough time or space to list my many inspirations. ;) But let me just start with Ralph Lauren, Mary Randolph Carter, Mary Emmerling, Bill Cunningham, Todd Selby, Carol Bolton, Emily Chalmers...and did I mention Ralph Lauren?
7. Tell us about a memorable trip as a child.
They were all pretty much the same and now that I look back, it's what really carved out this crazy life of ours. My pop would work all year long and live for those three weeks in the summer. We would load up the vista cruiser with our luggage on top, and the six of us would drive anywhere and everywhere that there was a monument, a fort, or historical info on this side of the continental divide. We saw roadside attractions, trading posts, mountains, lakes, rivers, praries, mountains with presidents heads, mountains with a crazy horse in them...OK you get the picture. Every year, no matter what, we always ended our trips going down highway 101 through the central coast. My dad would always manage to find a route leading here from anywhere--from South Dakota, from Montana, from Washington--we just always thought it was on the way. I knew we would end up living here.
8. Do you enjoy live music? If so, do you have a favorite concert?
I have always enjoyed live music! I started going to concerts in my teens in the 70's. I cannot even imagine picking a favorite. I'd have to say my top eight have been Led Zeppelin in '78, Pink Floyd Animals, Neil Young, David Byrne, Elvis Costello, Annie Lennox, U2, and John Hiatt. I am hoping to go to Outside Lands
in San Francisco this year. I love outdoor concerts!
9. Do you use butter or a substitute when you bake?
Butter, always butter. Until I die...butter.
10. Are you in a book club? If so...
Nope, maybe someday.
11. My grandma is no longer here but i think of her everyday, and this blog was created with her in mind. I love talking about grandmas and grandpas too. Do you have a grandma or grandpa memory that you would like to share?
Sadly no. I never really knew my grandparents. My mom would talk about her mom and I know I would have loved her. She loved to garden and shop. What's not to love?